Tuesday 6 November 2012

17 BB Cream SPF25

RRP: £6.99
# of shades available: 3

--What does the promo say?--
"17 Blemish Balm BB Cream. All in one magic make up. Improves skin within 4 weeks."

--Packaging--
The black and yellow colour scheme has fun, summery, "bumble-bee" type connotations which make the whole thing seem very cheerful. Block capitals on the front of the box and tube keep information to a minimum while making sure you know all that is vital. However, further details are forthcoming on the back of the box and tube, more so than on the Boots website (ultimately the product promises to prevent breakouts, minimise pores, control oil, give a flawless finish, conceal imperfections, and protect skin thanks to the SPF). The squeezy tube is easy to use, ensuring that no product is wasted, and the lid clicks closed securely.

--Application--
Pat the cream gently onto clean dry skin. Finish with powder if desired.

--Appearance-- 
This BB cream gives far better coverage than most other Western products of this type: rather than being sheer, it offers full concealment of blemishes, and despite there only being three shades available, I found that the 'light' version sent to me by 17's PR was a perfect match for my skin tone. In fact, coverage was so good that I often found myself bypassing the concealer that I keep by the side of my bathroom sink - so if this product can streamline my makeup routine, so much the better! Delivers a flawless finish as promised, although whether or not a product minimises the appearance of pores is always going to be difficult to measure.

--Scent--
Scentless, I'd say.

--Texture and consistency--
Very creamy and luxurious without being heavy or bogging the skin down. A little also goes a really long way and it's very easy to blend, too.

--Longevity--
Lasts quite well throughout the day, although could perhaps do with one touchup after 5-6 hours of wear. Still, at this price I'm not complaining; many more expensively-priced products do worse.

--Effects on the skin-- 
Thanks to the SPF, this product stood up to the South of France sun for a week straight, meaning I didn't have any sunburn or redness on my face. I also did notice an improvement in my skin condition over four weeks' use, as 17 said I would. A wonderful product!

--Value for money--
Excellent. It works brilliantly and is priced modestly in line with competing products made by Garnier, Maybelline and Superdrug - and can even give more expensive brands a run for their money. I would definitely purchase a replacement tube as soon as this one runs out. My faith in 17 is restored!

No comments: